Re: Installing PostgreSQL as "postgress" versus "root" Debate!

От Dick Davies
Тема Re: Installing PostgreSQL as "postgress" versus "root" Debate!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
* Dawid Kuroczko <qnex42@gmail.com> [0117 12:17]:
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 20:52:16 -0800, Joshua D. Drake
> <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> > >Whatever, I'll keep root only for absolutely restricted use & install
> > >under a separate user account.  Works just fine & it makes the auditors
> > >& sysadmin feel better.
> > I don't argue the point of using root. I agree with you there.
> > Just the point that if it is owned by root it executes as root.
>
> But only if either setuid root or executed by root.  Hey, on my
> system even /bin/sh is owned by root; it would be funny of it
> executed as root

C'mon folks, the guy obviously made a booboo - no need to rub his
nose in it...

--
'Bender, Ship, stop arguing or I'll come back there and change
your opinions manually.'

Сообщение: Re: Installing PostgreSQL as "postgress" versus "root" Debate!
Сообщение: Re: Installing PostgreSQL as "postgress" versus "root" Debate!