Re: Load Balancing/Multiple Postgres Machines

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Load Balancing/Multiple Postgres Machines
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 04:06:50PM -0800, Darcy Buskermolen wrote:

> You may also want to look at upgrading to PostgreSQL 7.4.6 or 8.0 since they
> both go a long way to improve performance, which might mittage your CPU bound
> problem as it is now.

What Darcy said.  We had an immense speed improvement by moving from
7.2.x to 7.4.x -- so much so that my QA guys didn't believe their
tests the first time, and ran them all again.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
Information security isn't a technological problem.  It's an economics
problem.
        --Bruce Schneier