Re: Certifications in military environment

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Certifications in military environment
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wednesday 17 November 2004 10:56, Jeff Eckermann wrote:
> --- Marco Bizzarri <m.bizzarri@icube.it> wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > I would like to know if postgresql has any
> > certification for the
> > military environment.
>
> There are no official certifications, nor are there
> likely to be.  But certifications may be offered by
> individual companies, like Red Had does with Linux.
>
> Here is one which might be of interest:
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&selm=20041014.104826.128620349.t-
>ishii%40sra.co.jp

Actually I think he was asking about the software being certified for military
use. I don't believe this has been done, however, I know that postgresql was
included in a recent (I believe DOD) report about open source software being
used within the government.  One company you might want to contact is
http://www.devis.com who has done a number of different projects with the
government.  Hope this helps, and if you do get a definitive answer, please
post your finding to the -advocacy group.

--
Robert Treat