Re: evil characters #bfef cause dump failure

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: evil characters #bfef cause dump failure
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Tom Lane wrote:
> You make a good point though --- I'm a bit tempted to make it default
> to UNICODE for the Red Hat build, since Red Hat is pretty gung-ho on
> UTF8 support these days.

Recall that in 8.0 the default encoding will be derived from the locale.
So if the postgres account has a reasonable locale set (presumably
chosen somewhere during the system installation), everything will work
out.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Сообщение: Re: evil characters #bfef cause dump failure
Сообщение: Re: evil characters #bfef cause dump failure