Re: Create Linux Script for PostgreSQL database backup

От tim hall
Тема Re: Create Linux Script for PostgreSQL database backup
Дата
Re: Create Linux Script for PostgreSQL database backup  (Lawrence C <research_2004@yahoo.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Lawrence C,
On Wednesday 01 September 2004 14:20, you went:
> Anyone good in writing Linux scripting for backup
> PostgreSQL. I just required a simple scripts only.
>
> Normally we do the manual ways as following:
>
> In root
>
> root# su - postgres
> bash# pgdumpall >  backup.sql
> bash# exit
> root#
>
> I'm planning to write script.sh for cronjob but not
> too sure about it. Can anyone contribute the scripts
> for me?

Er ...

#! /usr/bin/bash
pgdumpall >  backup.sql

I'm being cheeky, but surely if you set that up as a cronjob for user
'postgres' that would do it? Are your needs more complex than this?

cheers

tim hall