Re: Beta Leader?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Beta Leader?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Per our discussion earlier this year, I really think that we could
> shorten the beta process and make it more effective if someone can
> step forward to be the "8.0 Beta Leader."   This person would have
> to:
> 1) track platform tests, namely which platforms have been tested,
> what they reported, and which have not, including soliciting on the
> lists for more platform testers;
> 2) track reported bugs and issues to make sure that they are reported
> resolved before release.

Bruce has always done these things and there are no indications that he
won't do them again.  In particular, platform tests will as usual be
called for later in the beta phase, and the list of open items is
frequently posted.  Is there anything else?

Nevertheless, I think that shortening the beta phase is something that
we cannot and should not do.

--
Peter Eisentraut