Re: Beta Leader?

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Beta Leader?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 13:57, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Per our discussion earlier this year, I really think that we could
> > shorten the beta process and make it more effective if someone can
> > step forward to be the "8.0 Beta Leader."   This person would have
> > to:
> > 1) track platform tests, namely which platforms have been tested,
> > what they reported, and which have not, including soliciting on the
> > lists for more platform testers;
> > 2) track reported bugs and issues to make sure that they are reported
> > resolved before release.
>
> Bruce has always done these things and there are no indications that he
> won't do them again.  In particular, platform tests will as usual be
> called for later in the beta phase, and the list of open items is
> frequently posted.  Is there anything else?
>
> Nevertheless, I think that shortening the beta phase is something that
> we cannot and should not do.

Well, we cannot shorten it just for the sake of shortening it, but we
need to try to keep things from "stalling". A number of people mentioned
that at times last year it seemed that nothing was going on with
7.4beta, so we need to try and stay cognizant of actual activity going
on. Not sure if it requires a person with a title, but as a general goal
I think it is something we would benefit from.

Robert Treat