Re: dot-conf checking

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: dot-conf checking
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom,

> > 1) TimeZone and DateStyle are mixed case in SHOW ALL.  Is there a reason
> > for this?   Appears to be the same in 7.4.
>
> That's been the traditional spelling of those variable names since
> before I got here.  Do we need to change it?

Well, if we've had it for 5 years, then I guess another version won't hurt me;
especially since this is the first time I really noticed it.  I'll put in for
a change in 8.1.

> Not a whole lot we can do about that, unless you want to invent a new
> category of "integer variables we display in octal".  Doesn't really
> seem worth it.

I suppose so.   I'll want to document the discrepancy though.

> Neither.  It defaults to an empty string, which is interpreted as
> "unset" by SHOW, but the code in postmaster.c takes that to mean "use
> the machine name".  This is documented someplace but maybe not enough
> places...

I'll check the SGML tommorrow.  Thanks for replies.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions