Re: dot-conf checking

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: dot-conf checking
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> 1) TimeZone and DateStyle are mixed case in SHOW ALL.  Is there a reason for
> this?   Appears to be the same in 7.4.

That's been the traditional spelling of those variable names since
before I got here.  Do we need to change it?

> 2) for unix_socket_permissions  the value in the .conf file is octal (0777),
> while SHOW is decimal (511).

Not a whole lot we can do about that, unless you want to invent a new
category of "integer variables we display in octal".  Doesn't really
seem worth it.

> 3) The .conf file says that rendezvous_name "defaults to host name".
> However, it appears to default to UNSET.  Is the .conf file wrong, or
> initdb?

Neither.  It defaults to an empty string, which is interpreted as
"unset" by SHOW, but the code in postmaster.c takes that to mean "use
the machine name".  This is documented someplace but maybe not enough
places...