Re: dot-conf checking

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: dot-conf checking
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> Not a whole lot we can do about that, unless you want to invent a new
>> category of "integer variables we display in octal".  Doesn't really
>> seem worth it.

> I suppose so.   I'll want to document the discrepancy though.

[ dept. of second thoughts ]  One idea would be to redefine the variable
as a string instead of an int, and store "0777" literally.  We'd have to
do the sscanf on use rather than on entry.  But seeing that the value is
only used once in the life of a postmaster, there could hardly be any
big objection about efficiency ...