Re: Ready for Beta ... ?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Ready for Beta ... ?
Дата
Re: Ready for Beta ... ?  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Andreas Pflug wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >

> >>Well, there's the logfile rotation issue...
> >

> > With rotatelogs not supporting it, it is hard to argue we should,
> > especially this close to beta.  We can revisit it in 8.1.
>
> How about 8.0Beta2? I consider this as a bug, after all postings for
> logfiles did support it.

Adding a function will require a system catalog change.  If we are
already doing one we might be able to get it in, but I doubt it greatly.

We already do more than rotatelogs by specifying a size.  That seems
enough to me for now.

Basically I think you will need a vote to expand this in 8.1.

Pennsylvania19073