Re: Ready for Beta ... ?

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: Ready for Beta ... ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

>>How about 8.0Beta2? I consider this as a bug, after all postings for
>>logfiles did support it.
>

> Adding a function will require a system catalog change.

Not necessarily. pg_logdir_ls is not included either, so pgadmin already
needs an additional module to handle the logfiles. Handling
pg_logfile_rotate the same isn't a problem. But if the logger is
autistic and unable to handle a signal, no chance.

If you say "we won't change the system catalog just for these two
functions", I can live with that, hoping they slip in following
something's wake.

Regards,
Andreas