Re: Ready for Beta ... ?

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: Ready for Beta ... ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

>>Well, there's the logfile rotation issue...
>

> With rotatelogs not supporting it, it is hard to argue we should,
> especially this close to beta.  We can revisit it in 8.1.

How about 8.0Beta2? I consider this as a bug, after all postings for
logfiles did support it.

You can always find a program that doesn't support a specific feature.
And pgsql is probably more comparable to MSSQL, which has it, than to
Apache's rotatelogs, which doesn't even support size triggering.

Omitting the handler will not even leave a chance to implement an add-on
function.

Regards,
Andreas