Re: Postgres IDENT auth problems...

От Jens Porup
Тема Re: Postgres IDENT auth problems...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 09:25:29AM -0600, Scott Marlowe wrote:

> > > But can you nmap it?   And that's not the right default port 5432...
> > > Maybe it's some new feature I'm familiar with, or you've changed it.
> >
> > Trust me, I am a postgres newbie... I'm not trying to do anything but a *very*
> > ordinary install!
>
> Well, something is quite wrong then.  Find your postgresql.conf file and
> see what port it is set to there.  port 1042 is definitely not the
> default port.
>
> Also, try two things:
>
> nmap -p 1042
> psql -h 127.0.0.1 -p 1042

    root@request-tracker:~# nmap -p 1042

    Starting nmap 3.50 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2004-07-02 12:36 EST
    WARNING: No targets were specified, so 0 hosts scanned.
    Nmap run completed -- 0 IP addresses (0 hosts up) scanned in 0.003 seconds

    root@request-tracker:~# psql -h 127.0.0.1 -p 1042
    No database specified
    root@request-tracker:~#

*sigh*

I am beginning to think this is probably a build issue with the user mode linux
kernel I'm using. I'll look into that now.

Thanks,

Jens