Re: Postgres IDENT auth problems...

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Postgres IDENT auth problems...
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 23:46, Jens Porup wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 11:33:04PM -0600, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 21:38, Jens Porup wrote:
> >
> > > The request tracker database setup script dies trying to connect to
> > > the database:
> > >
> > >         DBI connect('dbname=template1;host=localhost','rtuser',...) failed: could not
> > >         connect to server: Connection refused at /usr/sbin/rt-setup-database line 110
> > >
> <snip>
> > >
> > > Now before you ask:
> > >
> > > Yes, the following lines appear uncommented in my
> > > /etc/postgresql/postgresql.conf:
> > >
> > >         tcpip_socket = true
> > >         port = 5432
> > >
> > > But then:
> > >
> > >         root@request-tracker:~# netstat -auntp
> > >
> > > shows postmaster running on a udp port???
> > >
> > >         udp        0      0 127.0.0.1:1042          127.0.0.1:1042 ESTABLISHED18375/postmaster
> > >

> > But can you nmap it?   And that's not the right default port 5432...
> > Maybe it's some new feature I'm familiar with, or you've changed it.
>
> Trust me, I am a postgres newbie... I'm not trying to do anything but a *very*
> ordinary install!

Well, something is quite wrong then.  Find your postgresql.conf file and
see what port it is set to there.  port 1042 is definitely not the
default port.

Also, try two things:

nmap -p 1042
psql -h 127.0.0.1 -p 1042

If nmap can see the port open, and psql can open it, then you can just
use it like that by specifying that port each time in your connect
string.

> > What does nmap <ip> show?
>
>     root@request-tracker:~# nmap localhost
>
>     Starting nmap 3.50 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2004-07-01 15:39 EST
>     Interesting ports on localhost (127.0.0.1):
>     (The 1654 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
>     PORT    STATE SERVICE
>     22/tcp  open  ssh
>     25/tcp  open  smtp
>     80/tcp  open  http
>     113/tcp open  auth
>     515/tcp open  printer
>
>     Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 1.735 seconds
>     root@request-tracker:~#
>
> > > A server restart shows:
> > >
> > >         root@request-tracker:~# /etc/init.d/postgresql restart
> > >         Stopping PostgreSQL database server: autovacuumNo pg_autovacuum found running;
> > >         none killed.
> > >         postmaster.
> > >         Starting PostgreSQL database server: postmaster autovacuum.
> >
> > Sounds like a firewall to me.
> >
> My colleague here at work who built the user mode linux image I'm using
> (the virtual "box") assures me there's no firewall installed.... how
> would I check if there were?

IF the database is configured for port 1042, then it might not be a
firewall, just a misconfiguration of the database.