Re: Problem saving some characters

От jseymour@linxnet.com (Jim Seymour)
Тема Re: Problem saving some characters
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"=?iso-8859-1?q?Eduardo=20S.=20Fontanetti?=" <dufuzzy@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to save a directory name on the Postgres,
> but it is "cutting" some characters, and the result is
> being diferent, and then, my app don't work properly.
>
> Example:
>
> I am trying to save "S:\directory\app" to a text field
> on the Postgres.
> When I do a  Select, it returns "S:directoryapp".
[snip]

That's because back-slashes are escape characters to pgsql.  You need
to escape them (yes: escape the escape chars) in order to get them into
the db.  This also means that anytime you may wish to search on these,
you'll have to properly escape the escapes.  And so-on.

I believe if you thoroughly peruse the docs, you'll find this noted.

Jim