Re: Listing all open sessions/connections/XAs ?

От
Тема Re: Listing all open sessions/connections/XAs ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

I think pg_stat_activity table may show me what I need.

However, even though I have 'stats_command_string = true' property in
postgresql.conf (and I restarted postmaster), I do not see the
'current_query' in pg_stat_activity table:

simpydb=> select * from pg_stat_activity ;
 datid | datname | procpid | usesysid | usename | current_query
-------+---------+---------+----------+---------+---------------
 16976 | simpydb |   31008 |      100 | otis    |
 16976 | simpydb |   26126 |      100 | otis    |
(2 rows)

But, I see that these 2 connections are stuck in a transaction:
> ps auxwww| grep post

postgres 31008  0.0  0.4 11372 4864 ?        S    Jun16   0:13
postgres: otis mydb 127.0.0.1 idle in transaction
postgres 26126  0.0  0.4 11560 4936 ?        S    02:46   0:01
postgres: otis mydb 127.0.0.1 idle in transaction

How come I can't see that 'current_query'?
Does that mean that the DB connection is stuck inside a transaction,
but there is no actual SQL being executed?
Would that be an equivalent of:

BEGIN TRANSACTION
<don't do anything here and never END/COMMON/ROLLBACK the XA>

?

Is there a way to see the transaction associated with a connection that
is in that 'idle in transaction' state?

Thank you,
Otis