Re: Official Freeze Date for 7.5: July 1st, 2004

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Official Freeze Date for 7.5: July 1st, 2004
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> >I believe the decision for June 1 was made around May 1. I participated
> >in the discussion.  Should we have made that final decision sooner?
> >

> No, I think that was the right time to make a decision. Before that
> things were in a great state of flux. My suggestion is that there should
> be some minimum time (I suggested 6 weeks to 2 months) between when the
> decision is made/announced and the actual freeze date. In the present
> case we would have probably have ended up with a date very like what we
> now have, but without the June 1 false start, which many (including me)
> felt tried to set the date too early and gave insufficient notice to
> those who wanted to make the cut.

I understand.  You are saying that we couldn't set the date until May 1,
but on May 1 we should have set the date farther way, like 6-8 weeks,
rather than 4.5 weeks, right?

On that, I certainly agree.

Pennsylvania19073

Сообщение: Re: Official Freeze Date for 7.5: July 1st, 2004
Сообщение: Re: Official Freeze Date for 7.5: July 1st, 2004