Re: Official Freeze Date for 7.5: July 1st, 2004

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Official Freeze Date for 7.5: July 1st, 2004
Дата
Re: Official Freeze Date for 7.5: July 1st, 2004  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:

>I believe the decision for June 1 was made around May 1. I participated
>in the discussion.  Should we have made that final decision sooner?

No, I think that was the right time to make a decision. Before that
things were in a great state of flux. My suggestion is that there should
be some minimum time (I suggested 6 weeks to 2 months) between when the
decision is made/announced and the actual freeze date. In the present
case we would have probably have ended up with a date very like what we
now have, but without the June 1 false start, which many (including me)
felt tried to set the date too early and gave insufficient notice to
those who wanted to make the cut.

cheers

andrew