Re: Recover data

От jseymour@LinxNet.com (Jim Seymour)
Тема Re: Recover data
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
eups@cefet-al.br wrote:

> Hello,
>    I have a problem and I would like somebody help me.
>    Well, i have a data base server that was formated, unfortunatelly it wasn't
> made the dump of the postgres, but it was saved the directory of the postgres.
>    How can to recover my data, is it possible?

It sounds like what you're saying is that, although you didn't do a
dump, from which you can restore, you do have a copy of the old pgsql
database directory still intact.  If so: Just shut down pgsql, point
PGDATA at the old directory (which I would carefully back up, first!)
and re-start pgsql.  Providing the server version hasn't changed, all
should be well.

--
Jim Seymour                | Spammers sue anti-spammers:
jseymour@LinxNet.com       |     http://www.LinxNet.com/misc/spam/slapp.php
                           |     http://www.spamcon.org/legalfund/

Сообщение: Re: [JDBC] [PERFORM] is a good practice to create an index on the
Сообщение: Re: [JDBC] [PERFORM] is a good practice to create an index on the