Обсуждение: Recover data

Recover data

От
eups@cefet-al.br
Дата:
Hello,
   I have a problem and I would like somebody help me.
   Well, i have a data base server that was formated, unfortunatelly it wasn't
made the dump of the postgres, but it was saved the directory of the postgres.
   How can to recover my data, is it possible?
   []'s Eunice

Re: Recover data

От
jseymour@LinxNet.com (Jim Seymour)
Дата:
eups@cefet-al.br wrote:

> Hello,
>    I have a problem and I would like somebody help me.
>    Well, i have a data base server that was formated, unfortunatelly it wasn't
> made the dump of the postgres, but it was saved the directory of the postgres.
>    How can to recover my data, is it possible?

It sounds like what you're saying is that, although you didn't do a
dump, from which you can restore, you do have a copy of the old pgsql
database directory still intact.  If so: Just shut down pgsql, point
PGDATA at the old directory (which I would carefully back up, first!)
and re-start pgsql.  Providing the server version hasn't changed, all
should be well.

--
Jim Seymour                | Spammers sue anti-spammers:
jseymour@LinxNet.com       |     http://www.LinxNet.com/misc/spam/slapp.php