Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Rod Taylor wrote:

> I guess that is where we differ in opinion. pgadmin is not addon or an
> enhancement, it is a part of the core project every bit as much as the
> gnome-panel is a part of gnome. Sure, gnome-libs does all the heavy
> lifting, but without the panel most users are lost.

No it isn't ... you don't need pgadmin, or jdbc, or libpgtcl, or ... to
run a PostgreSQL server ... you need the postgresql core, and, as things
are going, libpq and that is about it ... even psql is becoming less of a
requirement as the support utilities that have been using it move towards
C vs shell wrappers ...

----

Сообщение: Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions
Сообщение: Re: contrib vs. gborg/pgfoundry for replication solutions