Re: 7.3.4 on Linux: UPDATE .. foo=foo+1 degrades massivly over time

От Philipp Buehler
Тема Re: 7.3.4 on Linux: UPDATE .. foo=foo+1 degrades massivly over time
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 21/04/2004, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote To Philipp Buehler:
> > While running
> > UPDATE banner SET counterhalf=counterhalf+1 WHERE BannerID=50
> > several thousand times, the return times degrade (somewhat linear).
>
> You need to vacuum occasionally ...
>
> > A following VACCUM brings back return times to 'start' - but I cannot
> > run VACUUM any other minute (?).
>
> Sure you can.

Yes, it's probably bearable. Just that I am sure now, it's a
systematic thing I've to deal with and not some fubar.

Thanks also for the other hints/URLs I got (pg_autovacuum in contrib, etc..)

ciao
--
Philipp Buehler, aka fips | <double-p>

cvs -d /dev/myself commit -m "it's my life" dont/you/forget

Сообщение: Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?
Сообщение: Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?