Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?

От Mike Mascari
Тема Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Joe Conway wrote:
>
>>The one thing I had *not* been doing, but started to do as of last
>>night, is to use the false-negatives to explicitly train the Bayesian
>>filter.  It was easy enough to set up. I created an hourly cron job as
>>follows:
>>
>>   /usr/bin/sa-learn --mbox --spam /path/to/false-neg.mbox
>>
>>Now I just drop all false negatives into that mailbox, and clean them
>>out periodically. Hopefully that will make a significant improvement.
>
> I can tell you it certainly will.

Doesn't sa-learn also require you to teach it Ham as well? My
problem has been that sa-learn appears to ignore white-listed emails
and therefore can't learn from 90% of my Ham. Meanwhile, I get spam
that slips through SA that my Mozilla client *correctly* identifies
as Junk. Once a week, I take that Junk email, along with all Ham and
run sa-learn with the appropriate --spam/--ham switch. But it
doesn't seem to be improving. I still get spam which SA fails to
identify but which, 95% of the time, Mozilla correctly identifies.

Mike Mascari