New News Entry

От www@www.postgresql.com (World Wide Web Owner)
Тема New News Entry
Дата
Список pgsql-www
A new entry has been added to the news database.

Database Admin: http://www.postgresql.org/admin/edit_news.php?179

Submitted by: pgman@candle.pha.pa.us
Headline: Fujitsu Funds PostgreSQL Features
Fujitsu is funding various PostgreSQL enhancements that will appear in future PostgreSQL releases.

Story:

Fujitsu is funding various PostgreSQL enhancements that will appear in future PostgreSQL releases.

They have contracted with existing community developers who were already working on these complex features.  With
Fujitsu\'sfunding, these developers can more easily devote the large amount of time required to complete these complex
enhancements.

These features include:

   o  tablespaces
   o  improved JDBC standards compliance
   o  server-side java (PL/J)
   o  nested transactions

If your company wants to do similar funding, please contact me or one of the other core developers.  We can help you
identifycompetent developers and arrange appropriate funding.