Re: Can we have time based triggers in Postgresql??

От Mike Nolan
Тема Re: Can we have time based triggers in Postgresql??
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> There's no reason you couldn't write a cron daemon that retrieved its list of
> jobs from an SQL database. In fact we discussed doing exactly this at my last
> job. I expect others have thought of the same idea and wouldn't be surprised
> if it existed by now.

Is there (or would we need) a way to specify access privileges for such
a daemon in pg_hba.conf, and would that allow controlling the access
privileges for each job or the user who sets it?  (ISP's would want
tight controls here.)

If the answer to both questions can be 'yes', this probably gives us most
of what the Oracle jobs feature does.
--
Mike Nolan