Re: Can we have time based triggers in Postgresql??

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Can we have time based triggers in Postgresql??
Дата
Список pgsql-general
David Garamond <lists@zara.6.isreserved.com> writes:

> In short, it would be nice if we have a scheduling system where one can run
> queries or in-process procedures/functions instead of external commands. Also
> where one can use normal SQL/psql commands to manipulate the jobs; cron
> entries aren't exactly "programmable" or "structured" (e.g. how do you easily
> find entries that runs at least once every 10 min or more often?)

There's no reason you couldn't write a cron daemon that retrieved its list of
jobs from an SQL database. In fact we discussed doing exactly this at my last
job. I expect others have thought of the same idea and wouldn't be surprised
if it existed by now.

--
greg