Re: Can we have time based triggers in Postgresql??

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Can we have time based triggers in Postgresql??
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 08:25:32AM -0500, Mike Nolan wrote:
> The security aspects of them could be important to some users or
> potential users.  Using cron either forces one to have passwords out
> there in plaintext in the .pgpass file or to use a 'trusted' username
> that could also be a major security hole.
>
> Also, a script-based job can be changed or deleted by someone with the
> right file permissions even though they may not have database permissions,
> and vice versa.

Is there any particular reason why someone couldn't write a pgcron that
works exactly like cron except it reads its data from a database.

Like, say, a CRONTAB table with all the right columns. If each user has
a schema then the existance of user.CRONTAB would be jobs for that
user.

Why build it into the database if it can be done just as well
externally.

> This space intentionally left blank

Вложения