Re: could not bind socket for statistics collector:

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: could not bind socket for statistics collector:
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 01:09:51AM +0100, Denis Grannell wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> > > Is there a fair probability that other parts of Solaris mightn't
> > > need that line 'commented in', for want of a better phrase?
> >
> > Possibly if you're using IPv6, although if you are, then you probably
> > wouldn't be getting the "could not bind socket" messages and this thread
> > wouldn't have come up.  If you're concerned about it, then I'd suggest
> > asking in a Solaris-specific forum such as the comp.unix.solaris newsgroup
> > or the sun-managers mailing list.
>
> No, I'm not using IPv6 and since you've classified the
> message as being harmless then I'm happy with that.

Give credit (or blame :-) where it's due: Tom Lane said that the message
could be ignored as long as you weren't also seeing "disabling statistics
collector for lack of working socket."

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Сообщение: Re: could not bind socket for statistics collector:
Сообщение: Re: could not bind socket for statistics collector: