Re: PDF 7.4?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: PDF 7.4?
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> >     openjade:postgres.sgml:5:55:W: cannot generate system identifier
> >     for public text "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V4.2//EN"
> >
> > You don't have Docbook 4.2 installed or it isn't being found.  That is
> > attempting to build HEAD, not 7.4.X, which uses docbook 3.2, I think.
> > What I don't understand is why the official developer build can build
> > HTML.
>
> Odd, there isn't even a v4.2 port available ... v4.1 is the latest ... do
> you know, off hand, where the install instructions are found, as I've
> never done docbook outside of ports ...

I used our official SGML tools build docs --- seemed to work.

> > and I see the errors you see.  Those look like missing index entries
> > generated by LaTeX.  Usually you have to run latex 3 times to get all
> > the index entries fixed, but rerunning the gmake doesn't seem to help.
>
> 'k, and the stupid question here, but ... should you *have* to run it 3
> times, or do we have something wrong in the sgml?  Note that I know zip
> about sgml and TeX, so this just may be the norm, but sounds like a
> logical question to ask :)

You have too.  See sgml/Makefile:

    %.pdf: %.tex-pdf
            @rm -f $*.aux $*.log $*.out
            pdfjadetex $<
            pdfjadetex $<
            pdfjadetex $<

Three builds are required because the index has to be built first, then
once you know the number of pages, you can then regenerate the index
with the new index size offset, then the last run I think is for the
table-of-contents.