Re: MySQL Gets Functions in Java - Enlightenment Please

От Jason Godden
Тема Re: MySQL Gets Functions in Java - Enlightenment Please
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 12:05 am, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> Does it mean mysql got stored procedures? Wow..
>
> I would like to see details but since I don't know much details about
> either mysql or java, I can not describe it.
>
> Can anybody give a summary as in how much it takes mysql as far as stored
> procedures go? That would be great..
>
>  Shridhar

Apparently it's literally a 0.1 release, much of it doesn't work and even tho
a mysql guy is involved its actually a seperate project on sourceforge.  You
can use it to effect sub selects and all that jazz but it's not like they've
created some sort of framework for stored procedures.

Essentially they've taken the fact that yes you can extend mysql by writing C
or C++ level functions and creating a custom built server so why not make a
litte generic interface that to do the same thing with java where you dont
need to go thro the rebuild process each time.

Rgds,

Jason