Re: CSS and XHTML

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: CSS and XHTML
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Marc, Andreas:

> > You are right, I just don't know who decides what here ;) And I don't
> > know who is responsible for the advocacy and developer sites...
>
> I'd say that Advocacy falls under Josh et al ... developer tends to be an
> enigma (nobody really maintains it) ....

Robert is the lead on Advocacy.   I've no objections to making Advocacy the
"press" page for a united site.  However, Robert may have some objections, I
don't know.   Robert, FWIW, taking this united approach would silence some of
the objections of Peter and some of the other core Hackers who don't like
advocacy in its current form.

Andreas, before we could consider merging Advocacy, though, we'd need to have
the multi-lingualism set up.  One of the primary reasons why Advocacy is a
seperate system is because it's in 7 langauges.

As for Techdocs ...  We really, really want to try techdocs on Bricolage, but
Bric outputs static web pages which we would then upload.  It's possible that
we could blend those into the main site; I'm not sure.  The issue would be
not having Techdocs on CVS as Bric already incorporates version control.
Also, I don't think Bric supports XHTML -- but don't quote me on that.

Also, re: the XHTML issue, are there potential browser problems?  Never forget
the number of people in the world using I.E. 5.0 or Netscape 6.2.   There's a
lot.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions