Re: dumping tables from badly damaged db

От Brian Ristuccia
Тема Re: dumping tables from badly damaged db
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 02:05:57PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:

> You might be able to get past this by starting a standalone postgres
> with the -P command-line option (ignore system indexes).  If so, try
> "select relname, relfilenode from pg_class".  With luck that will give
> you a list of which file name is needed for each table.  I'd not counsel
> trying to do more than that in the standalone backend until you've
> gotten at least the tables put back together.

The standalone backend errors out with:

FATAL 1:  _mdfd_getrelnfd: cannot open relation pg_trigger: No such file or
directory

I suspect my troubles may be more severe than just a missing index... My
week-old backups are starting to look more and more attractive.

Any other hints?

Thanks.

-Brian