Re: dumping tables from badly damaged db

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: dumping tables from badly damaged db
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Brian Ristuccia <bristucc@sw.starentnetworks.com> writes:
> The standalone backend errors out with:
> FATAL 1:  _mdfd_getrelnfd: cannot open relation pg_trigger: No such file or
> directory

Well, if you can identify which of the lost+found files is pg_trigger,
you can move it back into place and then try again.  (Look for trigger
names in the od -c dump...)  All the system tables have fixed names
(relfilenode values) which you can determine by consulting another
database of the same PG version.  pg_trigger is 16412 in 7.3, for
instance.

Lather, rinse, repeat until it comes up ...

> My week-old backups are starting to look more and more attractive.

I didn't say this was going to be painless.