dumping tables from badly damaged db

От Brian Ristuccia
Тема dumping tables from badly damaged db
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Recently I had a problem where a system crash scribbed on some directories,
which landed a bunch of files, including a few of the system table files for
one of my databases, in lost+found along with a zillion other files.

I might be able to find the file for this table/index in lost+found, but how
do I know what name to give it in /var/lib/postgres/...? These files are
named after OID's which I can't find because I can't connect to the
database.

If I can't get the file back, is there any way I can dump the data out of
the remaining tables?

Currently, I can't connect to the database with the following error:

psql: FATAL 1:  cannot open pg_class_relname_index: No such file or directory

I suspect that's very bad, considering the centrality of the pg_class
table...

--
Brian Ristuccia
bristucc@sw.starentnetworks.com