compile warning

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема compile warning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I'm seeing this compile warning on today's CVS tip:

$ make src/backend/commands/tablecmds.o
gcc -O2 -g -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -I./src/include -D_GNU_SOURCE   -c -o
src/backend/commands/tablecmds.osrc/backend/commands/tablecmds.c

src/backend/commands/tablecmds.c: In function `validateForeignKeyConstraint':
src/backend/commands/tablecmds.c:3528: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules

$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.3.1 (Mandrake Linux 9.2 3.3.1-2mdk)

$ src/bin/pg_config/pg_config --configure
'--enable-debug' '--enable-nls=es' '--enable-integer-datetimes'

"In Europe they call me Niklaus Wirth; in the US they call me Nickel's worth.
That's because in Europe they call me by name, and in the US by value!"