index changing by unbalanced tree

От monu_indian
Тема index changing by unbalanced tree
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
gist supports only balanced trees but I have to implement index as suffix tree which is highly unbalanced.How can I do
this?

"monu_indian" <monu_indian@indiatimes.com> writes:
> I have designed a new indexing tecknique for biological database now I want to implement it in pgsql so what the work
Iwill have to do? From where I should start?

You could write a new index access method ... though I would not exactly
recommend that as a good project for a first-time Postgres hacker.

It might be that you could implement what you want to do as a layer on
top of the GIST index type.  See the GIST-related contrib modules for
some examples.
        regards, tom lane
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from Indiatimes at http://email.indiatimes.com
Buy The Best In BOOKS at http://www.bestsellers.indiatimes.com

Bid for for Air Tickets @ Re.1 on Air Sahara Flights. Just log on to http://airsahara.indiatimes.com and Bid Now!

От: Allie Micka
Сообщение: Possible Bug in 7.3.2 on OS X
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: compile warning