Re: 7.4 status

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: 7.4 status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> >      SSL
> > !          Major improvements in SSL performance and security
>
> Did we actually add any "security" to the SSL code?  Performance and
> reliability, maybe, but I didn't think we'd done anything to the
> security algorithms per se.  Did I miss something?

I changed the wording to reliability.  We did so some security by
changing the rate of key negotiation, but it isn't substantial.

> >      Index Growth Prevention
> >            Allow free space map to efficiently reused empty index pages,
> > !          and other free space management improvements.
>
> "reused" -> "reuse"

Done.

> > !          ANSI joins are now fully optimized
>
> "better" optimized maybe; I wouldn't say we're done with that issue yet.
> (In particular, I want to look into reordering outer joins sometime.)

Yep.

> > !          Faster regular expression code
>
> We could tout more functionality too, since the new regex package
> has a lot of advanced stuff that wasn't there before.

Added "more powerful"

> >        * The server-side autocommit setting was removed an reimplemented
> >          in client applications and languages.
>
> "an" -> "and"

Done.

> > !      * Error message wording has changed dramatically in this release,
> >          and error codes have been added.
>
> "Substantially" might be a better term anyway?

Yep.

> >        * ANSI joins may behave differently because they are now fully optimized
>
> See above

Changed to "better optimized"

> >        * Date values now must match the ordering specified by DateStyle
>
> ... except that YYYY-MM-DD (with 3 or more digits for year) is always
> accepted.

Changed to:
    * Ambiguous date values now must match the ordering specified by DateStyle

Committed to CVS.

Pennsylvania19073

Сообщение: Re: deprecating the use of OIDs
Сообщение: Re: deprecating the use of OIDs