Re: 7.4 status

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 7.4 status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
>      SSL
> !          Major improvements in SSL performance and security

Did we actually add any "security" to the SSL code?  Performance and
reliability, maybe, but I didn't think we'd done anything to the
security algorithms per se.  Did I miss something?

>      Index Growth Prevention
>            Allow free space map to efficiently reused empty index pages,
> !          and other free space management improvements.

"reused" -> "reuse"

> !          ANSI joins are now fully optimized

"better" optimized maybe; I wouldn't say we're done with that issue yet.
(In particular, I want to look into reordering outer joins sometime.)

> !          Faster regular expression code

We could tout more functionality too, since the new regex package
has a lot of advanced stuff that wasn't there before.

>        * The server-side autocommit setting was removed an reimplemented
>          in client applications and languages.

"an" -> "and"

> !      * Error message wording has changed dramatically in this release,
>          and error codes have been added.

"Substantially" might be a better term anyway?

>        * ANSI joins may behave differently because they are now fully optimized

See above

>        * Date values now must match the ordering specified by DateStyle

... except that YYYY-MM-DD (with 3 or more digits for year) is always
accepted.

Сообщение: Re: deprecating the use of OIDs
Сообщение: Re: deprecating the use of OIDs