Re: invalid tid errors in latest 7.3.4 stable.

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: invalid tid errors in latest 7.3.4 stable.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com> writes:
> > I think theoretically in serializable the cases where the difference
> > between the snapshot from this statement and the standard snapshot for the
> > transaction are noticable we probably have a serialization failure
>
> Hmm, that is a good point.  It would be cleaner to throw a "can't
> serialize" failure than have the RI triggers run under a different
> snapshot.  I am not sure if we can implement that behavior easily,
> though.  Can you think of a way to detect whether there's an RI conflict
> against a later-started transaction?

Not a complete one yet. :(
I think the case of a row that matches the constraint's search condition
on either check or action but which is committed and invisible to our
snapshot (which for read committed is taken at some point after the
original row modification that this was triggered by) is an error may
cover the basic cases, but I don't feel confident that I'm not
missing some trigger/rule case.

Сообщение: Re: initdb failure (was Re: [GENERAL] sequence's plpgsql)
Сообщение: Re: initdb failure (was Re: [GENERAL] sequence's plpgsql)