Re: invalid tid errors in latest 7.3.4 stable.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: invalid tid errors in latest 7.3.4 stable.
Дата
Re: invalid tid errors in latest 7.3.4 stable.  (Kevin Brown <kevin@sysexperts.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com> writes:
> I think theoretically in serializable the cases where the difference
> between the snapshot from this statement and the standard snapshot for the
> transaction are noticable we probably have a serialization failure

Hmm, that is a good point.  It would be cleaner to throw a "can't
serialize" failure than have the RI triggers run under a different
snapshot.  I am not sure if we can implement that behavior easily,
though.  Can you think of a way to detect whether there's an RI conflict
against a later-started transaction?