Re: initdb failure (was Re: [GENERAL] sequence's plpgsql)

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: initdb failure (was Re: [GENERAL] sequence's plpgsql)
Дата
Re: initdb failure (was Re: [GENERAL] sequence's plpgsql)  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
scott.marlowe wrote:
> The attached file produces this problem.  Note it's a blank trailing field
> that looks to be causing it.  The error for this .sql file is:
>
> ERROR:  literal carriage return found in data
> HINT:  Use "\r" to represent carriage return.
> CONTEXT:  COPY FROM, line 2
>
> Note that loading this into pico and saving it back out fixes the problem.
>
> If I remove the preceding row that doesn't end in a blank field, I get a
> different error, this one:
>
> ERROR:  end-of-copy marker does not match previous newline style
> CONTEXT:  COPY FROM, line 2

OK, 'vi' shows it as:COPY people2 (id, persons) FROM stdin;59      Chance Terry--S60      ^M\.

which is _exactly the case the error was supposed to catch.  Now, the
big question is where did this dump come from?  Pg version?  OS platform?

Pennsylvania19073