Re: How to make a IN without a table... ?

От David Pradier
Тема Re: How to make a IN without a table... ?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 02:10:06PM +0200, Christoph Haller wrote:

> > I guess i wasn't clear enough.
> > "my_function" here is a function which calculate some results about
> some
> > datas from the database.
> > Example : a function which would calculate the sum of the money (which
>
> > would be stored in the database by movement, ie amount + date + cause
> +
> > account) spent by user my_var1 during period my_var2.
> >
> I am not sure I'm getting it right.
> The first statement suggests the data is coming from outside the
> database.
> The second suggests it is derived from the database though.
> And now it sounds like you could use table functions.
> Can you confirm that?
>
> Regards, Christoph

The arguments of the functions come from outside the database, but the
function itself uses the datas in the database.

Like "Tell me how much i spent between the 4th and the 7th og this month
?" uses 4 and 7 as arguments, but need to fetch the datas in the
database.
Clear enough ? :-)

What do you mean by table function ?

Regards, David