Re: users

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: users
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 10:53:50 -0300,
  Julian <mojulu@arnet.com.ar> wrote:
> Hi all, i'm new in postgres and this question may be very easy, but i need
> to do this so here it goes.
> I have one user in my database, and i need to create 10 more users to
> connect to de database but they must use the tables defined in the first
> user but i can not use user.table. how can i do this? is there synonyms in
> postgres?

You can add the 10 users to a group and give appropiate access to the
group to tables and schemas. You could set the default search path to
the database to include the schema that has the tables in them.
You will want to warn the people that creating tables with names matching
those in the above schema might cause some problems if they aren't
careful.