Re: Metadata

От
Тема Re: Metadata
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,
Currently I am focused basically on the same issues:

1). I hope yes, I see no reason to change it.
2). You may want to take a look at:
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/features.html
SQL1999 is just another name for SQL3.
Anyway it's not trivail task to compare SQL3 and PostgreSQL.
As far as I know there are NO SQL3 conformance tests.
I infer,
without conformance testing is impossible to make statements like 'our DBVS
supports (conforms with) SQL3'.

I would be happy to get postgres developer comments on this issue, (me feels
small & humble ;-).

Regards,
Alvis Tunkelis

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bovard Yves (DIP)" <Yves.Bovard@heg.ge.ch>
To: <pgsql-admin@postgresql.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 12:38 PM
Subject: [ADMIN] Metadata

Dear Sir

I am a swiss student in the University of Applied Sciences of Geneva. For a
report on the different implantation of metadata in PostgreSQL 7.3, Oracle
and SQL3, I would like you to know if it is possible to answer me some
questions :

1) is the system catalog the only one way to have metadata?
2) what are the main differences between PostgreSQL 7.3 and Oracle 9i and
between PostgreSQL 7.3 and SQL3?

I would be very pleased if you answer these questions before friday.

Your sincerely

Yves Bovard
HEG-Genève
Département Informatique de Gestion