Re: Packaging policy

От Jean-Michel POURE
Тема Re: Packaging policy
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Wednesday 11 June 2003 12:21, Dave Page wrote:
> What about FreeBSD and Solaris?
We should request for help on hackers for this.

> MacOsX
Adam is real master in MacOsX. Seems like wxWindows 2.5 supports MacOsX very
well. The MacOsX station given my sister in law to the community is still
running home 24x24.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about MacOsX. The file structure is
different and some components need to be installed from Apple web site (Adam
took care of it). So I think Adam is the only person capable of doing such a
packaging work. Adam, do you think it is a long way since we provide MacOsX
daily builds?

> I do think that we should get the build sorted first as well though.
> Having looked at what's coming out of snake, I think it's (now) half
> dynamic and half static. The wx parts are static, but libpq, glibc etc.
> are dynamic.

The spec file manages all these dependencies. Here is an abstract:
#
Requires: gtk2 >= 2.2, glibc >= 2.3.2, libjpeg >= 6b, libpng >= 1.2.2, pango
>= 1.2.1, libstdc++ >= 3.2.2, openssl >= 0.9.7, libtiff >= 3.5.7
#
BuildRequires: autoconf >= 2.57, automake >= 1.7.5, gtk2-devel >= 2.2,
postgresql >= 7.3.2, openssl-devel >= 0.9.7
#

I am not very sure of dependencies, we may get more information from users in
case of problems.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel