Re: No flamefest please, MySQL vs. PostgreSQL AGAIN

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: No flamefest please, MySQL vs. PostgreSQL AGAIN
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 02:21:21PM -0400, Robert Treat wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 10:32, Tom Lane wrote:

> > in 7.4 either.  Possibly 7.5.  In the meantime, third-party solutions
> > are still your only option, and PostgreSQL Inc's one is probably the
> > best.
>
> I wouldn't say they are your only options. there is the rserv code in
> contrib which I've seen people post they have gotten working. There is

I think what Tom was saying is that the PostgreSQL Inc version is
production-ready-ish right now.  It's sort of expensive, and it's a
pain in the neck to administer (and has some real annoying behaviour
under a couple of conditions), but if you're dealing with any volume,
it's what you should use today.

That isn't to say you should use it forever.  There was some mighty
interesting work being done on dbmirror (several related questions
showed up on -hackers), and if you want to be sure that you replay
_every_ transaction to your slave, I gather it's the only way to go.

The contrib/rserv code does indeed work for some people, and it is
useful.  It is nowhere close to handling large volumes, but for fewer
than a few thousand writes an hour, it seems to be good.

I haven't tried the other systems that are out there.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110

Сообщение: Re: No flamefest please, MySQL vs. PostgreSQL AGAIN
Сообщение: Re: No flamefest please, MySQL vs. PostgreSQL AGAIN