Re: Server error

От Erik Ronström
Тема Re: Server error
Дата
Re: Server error  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi again,

thanks for the answers.

 --- Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> "scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com> writes:
> > Sig 11 means you have bad memory or CPU, about 99.9% of the time.
>
> In my part of the universe, about 99% of the time it means you've
> found a software bug ;-) ... especially if you can create an example
> case that is reproducible on another machine.  Erik, can you wrap up
> a test case?

99% + 99.9%, that makes 198.9 percent :-)

Unfortunatly, the function depends heavily on the database structure. I
tried to extract the essential parts to reproduce the problem within a
small test DB, but then everything worked just fine! But I will post an
example when I get one...

> And which PG version are you running, anyway?

7.2.1. I've heard it has some bugs, but the guy running the server
refuses to upgrade to _anything_ that isn't cleared by Debian. 7.3
should have been cleared some days ago, but it hasn't, don't know why.

Best regards
Erik

Yahoo! Plus
For a better Internet experience