Re: Server error

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: Server error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2003-05-07 at 11:48, Erik Ronström wrote:

> > And which PG version are you running, anyway?
>
> 7.2.1. I've heard it has some bugs, but the guy running the server
> refuses to upgrade to _anything_ that isn't cleared by Debian. 7.3
> should have been cleared some days ago, but it hasn't, don't know why.

It's blocked by perl and python2.2.  The package dependencies are set by
the environment when I build the package and my versions of perl and
python are ahead of those in testing.

His position is a bit irrational, since progression to testing means
only that no release critical bugs have been found within the 10 days
since the package was uploaded.  It is in no sense a guarantee of
perfection; it only means that it will probably not break your system
through an egregious packaging error.

You may tell him that, as Debian maintainer, I consider the current
unstable package to be better than the one in testing!  If he wants to
keep the rest of his system pure he could download the source package
and build from that.

If in fact you mean that he is running stable, there is a woody build of
7.3.2  in an aptable repository at
http://people.debian.org/~elphick/debian

     "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give
      place unto wrath. For it is written, Vengeance is
      mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine
      enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink;
      for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his
      head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with
      good."      Romans 12:19-21

Сообщение: Re: Small bug in postgres' ./configure script and invalid
Сообщение: Re: Small bug in postgres' ./configure script and invalid