Re: Creating schema for multiple tables/fields/indices.

От Victor Yegorov
Тема Re: Creating schema for multiple tables/fields/indices.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
* dlangschied <dlangschied@ameritech.net> [24.04.2003 18:39]:
> I just downloaded postgreSQL.  I have finished the install and everything
> looks okay.  I am now ready to create a db and add tables/fields/indices.  I
> have approx. 100 tables 2,000 fields and 500 indices.  Before I spend an
> ungodly amount of time doing these individually, can I load an entire schema
> via some scripting method?

Do you have structure of your stuff (DDL) as SQL statements somewhere?

If yes, then find how to feed all that stuff to psql (I suggest using `-c'
flag or simply pipe to psql) - see docs.

If no, then you'll have to spent some time on creation of your DB structure.

--

Victor Yegorov

Вложения